Sunday, July 04, 2010

uneasiness hopefully resolved

Recently, my friends pointed out that the way I seem to analyse/read them all the time is a little unnerving. I tend to read people sometimes (sometimes unconsciously), and I enjoy doing that. But if it makes them uncomfortable, I should stop.


Yesterday, there was a tone of extreme displeasure when that point was being brought out to me. It made me EXTREMELY uncomfortable, and I've never felt that way before. Because somebody is saying I'm wrong to read others, but at the same time I'm interested in how others might think about the same situation.

Up till now, I CANNOT put that feeling into words, and all the confusion in me. Why is it that another person brought up the same point but I didn't feel as uneasy?

When you tried to "read" me but it wasn't accurate at all and kept insisting it was (I questioned myself about the truth in that statement), it confused/offended me. That was what troubled me. I don't know if I had unconsciously done the same to others and offended them.



I just want you to know that I never had any intentions of 'wanting to be superior' or 'invading your privacy', all was about my interest in how well I'm able to try to see things from others' point of view.

I'm sorry if I've made you feel uncomfortable, I'll try to stop doing that to you (and it doesn't mean I simply won't tell you). Maybe you did that to let me "taste my own medicine", but for whatever reason, lets just stop here and not make things worse.

We can be better off talking about other things instead :)

No comments: